Strokes happen anywhere.
Certified stroke care happens here.
Stroke care throughout Wisconsin
At Marshfield Clinic Health System, we work closely with first responders and referring hospitals throughout Northern and Central Wisconsin.
The moment a responder begins treating you or a loved one with a possible stroke, they notify us. Immediately, we prepare for rapid-response treatment.
Julie Guden's story is just one example
A phone call immediately activated a system of care that rapidly moved Julie Guden through an amazing journey of diagnosis, treatment and healing from Phillips to Flambeau Hospital in Park Falls and ultimately to
Marshfield Medical Center-Marshfield, a Certified Primary Stroke Center since 2009.
Watch Julie's story to see how time and a system of care were on her side.
Specialized stroke services
Our highly-specialized services allow us to care for you or a loved one. Marshfield Medical Center-Marshfield provides:
- Advanced brain imaging and diagnostic testing
- Critical and acute care units specifically for stroke patients
- 24-hour helicopter access, via Life Link III
- Advanced treatments in removal of clots or coiling of aneurysms
- Dedicated stroke care team providers
- Specialized stroke rehabilitation unit
If you think you or someone you know is having a stroke, call 911 immediately.
Remember signs of a stroke. Think BE FAST:
Eyes (vision problems)
Time to call 911
Ask the Expert: Stroke Treatment
National Recognition and Certification
Marshfield Medical Center-Marshfield's national recognition means comprehensive stroke care for you.
- An onsite acute care rehabilitation unit with stroke specialty certification through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission since 2009
- American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines Stroke Award: Gold Plus (2015-2019) and Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus (2019)