Each of our cancer centers includes an area with educational resources about cancer.
A cancer diagnosis brings the ongoing need for information. Most of our cancer centers offer learning centers that include information about cancer - empowering patients to become active partners in their health care.
These learning centers may offer:
- Audio CD's
- Touch screen computers
- Spanish-language materials
The information provided is meant to help patients, families and their loved ones decrease stress and increase hope during a challenging life transition.
Learning center topics include:
- Current diagnosis and treatment information.
- Nutrition during and after treatment.
- Caregiver support.
- Emotional wellness and stress management.
- Ideas for supporting children with a loved one experiencing cancer.
- Evidence-based integrative therapies, music therapy and guided imagery audio resources.
- Dealing with post-treatment concerns including fear of reoccurrence, financial/employment concerns and wellness research.
- Information about accessing local resources.
- Post-treatment wellness planning.
- The supportive wisdom of others who have already journeyed with cancer.