1. We signed the American Hospital Association’s Health Equity Pledge, making us one of four health care systems in Wisconsin to commit to eliminate health care disparities in our state.
2. We are developing an Ambassador program and Business Resource Groups to promote equity and inclusion in the workplace.
3. We have formed a partnership with the
Cross Cultural Health Care Program for cultural competency consulting and training.
4. We have formed partnerships to address social determinants of health of our patients by working with community-based organizations throughout our service area.
5. We serve on the Governor's Health Equity Council and other State and National collaboratives to address equity.
6. We collaborate with public health and community based organizations across our service area to address health disparities.
“Health equity, diversity, and inclusion encompasses societal challenges which impact the quality of our workplace and health of our community. I am proud to be part of an organization that is so sincere in leading progress on such a deeply important issue.”
Sumeet Goel, D.O.
“When I think of serving patients, my goal is always to address the entire person. Understanding what makes all of us unique is so important when thinking about providing holistic care. HEDI training helps all health care workers become more mindful of these differences. This growth and education translates to each patient getting the holistic, culturally-informed care they need, to attain their best health.”